Stories of Hope. Faith. Strength.
When we meet others who go through similar experiences, it is yet another step in our journey of healing. We may identify with them and learn from them. It can even break down the isolation that patients often feel upon diagnosis.
Stories that are shared can also help friends and family to understand, empathise and cope with the challenges they face.
A personal story, when shared, has the ability to connect, empower and heal others as well as yourself.
How To Tell Your Story
You don’t have to be a professional writer to tell your story. If you would like to share your story of hope and healing, these points will help you along:
- How much of your story are you willing to share?
- How comfortable is your family with you talking about your story (or theirs)?
- What are your key messages? Your goal should be to educate and inspire hope.
- What helped you heal and cope with your challenges?
- Do you have advice for others on how to talk to a family member or friend who is struggling?
- What’s the best way you’ve found to persevere through your therapy?
- How did you manage your fears and anxiety?
Please email your story to firstname.lastname@example.org and then someone from Rainbow Across Borders will contact you. We will talk to you and may arrange to meet you in person. We will help you edit and refine your piece before it is shared.